The Centre for Energy and Environmental Markets (CEEM) at the University of New South Wales undertakes interdisciplinary research in the design, analysis and performance of energy and environmental markets and their associated policy frameworks.
CEEM brings together UNSW researchers from the Australian School of Business, the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, the Institute of Environmental Studies, and the Faculty of Law, working alongside a growing number of international partners.
Public Symposium on Renewable Energy: The Future for Australia
When: 9 am - 1 pm, Tues 15 April 2014
The symposium aims to:
- Publicise existing renewable energy technologies and systems, ongoing research and the policies needed for rapid dissemination across Australia.
- Bust incorrect myths about renewable energy.
- Launch Dr Mark Diesendorf's new book Sustainable Energy Solutions for Climate Change
This is a FREE and PUBLIC event.
Chaired by Amanda McKenzie (CEO Climate Council) speakers will include:
- Dr Keith Lovegrove (IT Power) on Solar thermal heat and electricity
- Ketan Joshi (InfigenEnergy) on the alleged ‘wind turbine syndrome’
- Dr Muriel Watt (SPREE) will discuss Solar PV
- Dr Steve Schuck will speak about Bioenergy
- A/Prof. Iain MacGill (CEEM) offers solutions with Grid integration, including smart grids
- A/Prof. Mark Diesendorf (IES) will bust the incorrect myths about renewable energy
Please come along, and be informed by Australia's leading authorities in renewable energy technologies and policies.